Friday, July 6, 2012

Whoot! Whoot! x2

I opened the mail box yesterday and there was a manila envelope that looked vaguely familiar.
Is it one of the envelopes I saw Bonnie loading in to Shamu on her Quiltville blog? YES! It is!
My book arrived! Bonnie Hunter just released her her book, String Fling. It has patterns using strings (strips) of quilt fabrics. But... I had to put it aside for the day. Our friend, Alex, tapped on the back door yesterday bearing a half box of green beans along with a basket of tomatoes, okra, peppers, and zucchini. So I snapped and broke beans until my hands were tired. Then I canned...
Aren't they pretty? Nine quarts of green beans and all of them sealed! These sure will be good this winter. I guess I'll have to clear a shelf in The Studio to store them. Alex said he would be back today with another box. String Flings will just have to wait until gardening season is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment