Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ouch!

Do you ever do something really dumb?


The Kiwanis party was a huge success. I wish I had taken a picture of the table with all the food because it was beautiful. I had a mixture of green and red foods which made it look Christmas-festive. We pulled out all the lead glass serving dishes and it just sparkled on the red tablecloth.

On the veggie tray, we had carrots, celery, broccoli, and sliced cucumbers... which leads me to the ouchie. I have a Martha Stewart mandolin for slicing veggies in consistent sizes. It comes with this pushy thingy to hold the veggies so you don't cut your finger. Well, you don't think that I would use the pusher thingy, do you? Of course not... not until I cut the heck out of my thumb.

Of course, it bled all over the place. I went through 8 bandaids. Joe told me I wasn't putting them on tight enough. I bled through the one he put on. It finally quit bleeding on Sunday morning. Now it's just sore.

Next time, I'll use the pushy thingy first.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who cut the tip off her finger with one of those things. I've been wanting to get one, but I don't have the best track record. I cut my finger with the rotary cutter (through the nail) and had to get 3 stitches. I hope yours is healed by now!

    ReplyDelete