Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Quilting Classes Again

I just love Quilting by the Bay! Last week, they sponsored classes by Judy Neimeyer, owner of www.quiltworx.com. Sandy (QBTB) brings in the best for her classes. While giving her instructions, Judy also entertained us with stories of her family and hints of her antics during her younger life.

I attended three classes and started Stepping Stones, Island Sunrise, and ThistlePods quilts. I started the week strong finishing seven Stepping Stones blocks. Sue (QBTB) told me her husband would think my ThistlePods fabric was boring. Most people were using batiks. My fabric was more traditional (came from my stash). The good news about Judy's classes is she requires you to cut all your fabric before class. I'm much more likely to finish these quilts since the cutting is all done.

Poor Biscuit never adjusts to Central Time at the beach or the fact that I'm on vacation. She sticks with our normal 6:00-rise-and-shine routine. Of course, I stayed up late watching the Olympics, so not much sleep.

On Sunday, I was wearing my flip flops at the beach. Pollen was floating everywhere. My car was a nice shade of yellow. It felt like Spring! Joe and I came home to Smyrna, GA yesterday where the weatherman was calling for snow... and snow we got. Today was cold, wet, and there is a dusting of snow on the ground. March came in like a Lion!

No comments:

Post a Comment