Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lilah's Quilt

The "group" quilt has been finished for quite some time.  It's lacking a label.  If you recall from my last post, a group of friends collaborated to create a quilt for a lady at church who had a stroke.  We showed it at Quilt Guild in February. It measured 74" square. 

I love the Guild but our room is small and it is hard to get a good picture.  It seems like all the pictures have someone's back or a chair in them.  

I've been wanting to take a picture of the quilt outside at my house, but the weather hasn't been cooperating and the ground has been too wet.  But, Sunday was a good, sunny day so I ran out with my camera and snapped pictures of a couple quilts.    

I love how this quilt turned out.  It is the Disappearing Hourglass from Missouri Star Quilt Company's video tutorials.  I didn't get a close up of the quilting.  I quilted it in blue thread.  I find it interesting how colored thread plays on the colored blocks.  On the yellow, it looked grey.  On the white, it was a bright blue.  Quite fun!

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to try that block every since I saw their tutorial on it. The quilt looks great and I love the color placement.

    ReplyDelete