Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Southern Snow

It started snowing here about 10:00 yesterday morning.  It started as a light snow and increased in size and intensity.  About Noon, I considered going out to the studio to work on my quilt from last weekend's retreat.  Out the back door, this is what I saw...

Nope... looks cold... and it was.  Decided to stay in.  The snow stopped about 5:00, so I went out and swept a path off the deck.  When I got down to the driveway, there was about 1/2 an inch of ice underneath the powdery snow.  Ahh... that explains the gridlocked traffic.  

On that note, the TV stations have been broadcasting nothing but traffic info for the past 24 hours.  Multiple factors contributed to the traffic gridlock, but it has been quite the mess in metro Atlanta.  My neighbors had stories of sitting in their cars for hours, and walking home.  And again, I am so glad that I don't have to go to work any longer.  I like my cozy, warm house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment