Sunday, November 6, 2011

My New Car


I owned a 2002 Highlander. It started having some problems. When a car starts to have problems, you have to go through the thought process and inevitable discussion of whether it's worth it to put more money into a 10 year old car. Joe and I don't always see eye-to-eye in those discussions.

In the end, I decided it was time to trade it.

The grandkids call my new car the "magic" car. It has more bells and whistles than I will ever use. It doesn't have a key. It has a push button to start it. I did use the seat heaters this weekend when it was cold and think that they are something that I will use.

I've been very surprised by how much I enjoy the sunroof. I'm a sunshine-kind-of-gal and tend to get gloomy in the winter. Open the sunroof and it's just like sitting on the beach.

Of course, I already have gotten the first ding in the door. Soap box -- why can't people be considerate of other folks cars? They cost as much as a house used to cost. It's not hard to take a little care when opening a door. Thankfully, the person who hit the door was a good simaritan and left a note offering to pay for the repair.

Did I say I love my new car?

No comments:

Post a Comment